This wordpress plugin adds enhanced “Navigation Menu” widget. It offers many options which could be set to customize the output of the custom menu through the Advanced Menu Widget.
- Custom hierarchy – “Only related sub-items” or “Only strictly related sub-items”.
- Starting depth and maximum level to display + flat display.
- Display all menu items starting with the selected one.
- Display only direct path to current element or only children of selected item (option to include the parent item).
- Display menu as drop down.
- Custom class for a widget block.
- And almost all the parameters for the wp_nav_menu function.
- Display menu items descriptions.
Advanced Menu Widget Options
- “Title” – set the title for your widget
- “Custom Widget Class” – custom class for widget block
- “Select Menu” – menu from the custom menus you want show
- “Show hierarchy” – you can set to display only related or strictly related items
- “Starting depth” – display only menu items which depth is greater then this
- “How many levels to display” – limit the display from 1 to 5 levels or flat display
- “Filter selection from” – only items which are children or grandchildren of selected element will be displayed
- “Select the filter” – filter the direct path for the current menu item (like breadcrumb navigation) or display only its children
- “Include parents” – when checked it display also parent item upon filters (e.x. Display only children of selected item)
You can use
shortcode with the parameters listed below:
'nav_menu' (menu ID) 'title' 'dropdown' 'only_related' 'depth' 'container' 'container_id' 'menu_class' 'before' 'after' 'link_before' 'link_after' 'filter' 'filter_selection' 'include_parent' 'start_depth' 'hide_title' 'custom_widget_class'
This plugin helped me to create powerful and wonderful website with widget menu that I always wanted. It works amazing and perfect with practical details.
Thank you dear team for helping to be my website as I always wanted. I am very grateful for such a beautiful creation.
With love, Suzana
I am trying to get an answer on how to fix an issue I seem to be experiencing. On my pages (and not all) the menu item for that same page shows up. I have the settings same across the board and for some pages it doesn’t show and for some it even shows twice. Any idea on how I can remove this? An example of this would be here:
http://www.ussailing.org/olympics/calendar/ You can see I am on the Calendar page but still shows Calendar on the sidebar. The settings are set to only show child pages so basically that should show no menu on that page. Any ideas? I’ve submitted this question in the support for the plugin and I have no response.